Tips to Avoid Any Dental Emergency During COVID-19 Lockdown
The coronavirus (COVID-19) has been spread to many countries. On 31 December 2019, WHO was informed of a cluster of cases of pneumonia of unknown cause detected in Wuhan City and on 3rd March 2020, six cases of confirmed coronavirus have been reported in India. But in their recent survey, it has reached 145 cases in india till now according to the latest News. The WHO has declared the coronavirus pandemic as a global health emergency.
During this lockdown period, many people start having irregular diet schedules, many parents and children are confined together at home without having a proper routine schedule. These conditions may result in a lack of poor eating habits, and improper oral health condition which many leads to Dental emergencies.
Some healthy tips to avoid any dental emergency & oral hygiene maintenance.
1. Limit your snacking schedule throughout the day.
2. Try to rinse your mouth after every meal and encourage your child also to maintain their oral cavity.
3. Practice good oral hygiene. Brush your teeth thoroughly twice a day in order to remove dental plaque over the teeth surface.
4. Limits sugary & acidic food diet (sugar converts into acid in the mouth, which can erode the teeth surface (enamel ). These acids then lead to tooth decay & may increase tooth sensitivity in some cases.
5. Try to do warm saline gargles, In case of wisdom tooth pain in some cases that will help you to reduce the intensity of pain.
6. Try to avoid chewy candies /sticky chocolates, that stick around the teeth for longer periods & may lead to tooth decay and also increases the pain, if there is already a deep cavity which may lead to a dental emergency.
7. Brushing should be done after eating sticky food.
8. Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
9. The use of tobacco products should be avoided.
10. If you have a dry mouth, then drink plenty of water, chewing sugarless gum will be helpful.
11. Balanced & Healthy diet not only prevents dental cavities but also promotes good immunity, to fight against any infection.
12. Avoid using your teeth for breaking of crack nuts, remove bottle tops, you may risk chipping or even breaking your teeth, which may lead to any dental emergency.
13. Try to avoid the hard bites.
14. Try to have a rich fiber diet.
15. In case of any tooth sensitivity, you can use desensitizing paste.
16. Consult your dentist immediately, if any dental emergency arises.
If you understand the importance of oral health and maintain your healthy & balanced diet schedule then you will be able to prevent any dental emergencies & also promote good immunity, to fight against any infection.